We come to realize and appreciate the true meaning of Holy Week when we learn how to accept our shortcomings and ask forgiveness for all the sins we have committed. And most of all, to forgive others who wronged and hurt us in one way or another, and love people even in his worst. After all, Jesus died for us because of his unconditional love for us. So let us celebrate not because of the goodness of this world but because of the greatness of our Lord Jesus Christ who come to save all sinners like us! Happy Holy Week!
Regina RICA or Regina Rosarii Institute for Contemplation in Asia: A place of prayer, pilgrimage and peace run by the Dominican Sisters of Regina Rosarii.
with cousins Mark and Regie
How we got there from Manila (our meeting place was in SM Manila):
- Coming from SM Manila, we head to Katipunan, turned left on Aurora Boulevard, then took a U-Turn heading to Marikina.
- The highway forks to a bridge heading to Marikina town proper on the left. We stayed on the right side of the road heading towards Marcos Highway.
- We just go straight and follow the route of Marcos Highway.
- We passed through Masinag, Cogeo, Boso-boso, Palo Alto, Sierra Madre Resort and Pranjetto Hills.
- At Pranjetto Hills, the road forks towards Tanay Adventure Camp on the left. We took the right side of the road.
- When we reached the intersection in the town proper, we just go straight. There is a small gas station up ahead.
- We passed by Camp Capinpin on our left and JE camp on our right.
- There is a sign directing to turn right at Sitio Aguho Street. the gate of Regina RICA is about 200 meters away from here.
To get there by public transportation, visit this link.