238 kilometers from Puerto Princesa, Palawan, hubby and I traveled to El Nido by van which our friend, Glenn, reserved in advance for us. It was a 5-6 hours travel so I decided to sleep to reserve my energy for the island hopping we planned to have. Unlike my previous travels, which I usually have at least a small research on how, what and where to go in my destination, I comfortably left planning behind. I was confident enough I won’t get lost or miss any must see or do since I will be traveling with hubby and our friend who is an El Nido local will be assisting us. I woke up from time to time to check if we’re approaching or already in El Nido. And so as I noticed a signboard “Paradise within the Paradise” we passed along the street, I knew right away that we already arrived in El Nido, Palawan and right there and then, I got sooo excited.
We went straight to Overcomer Lodge in Brgy. Corong-corong to check-in. Our friend’s father owned the place and so it is where he arranged us for accommodation. The room is clean and spacious with free continental breakfast.
During dinner, we ate at the Og’s Resto Bar which happened to be owned by the parents of Glenn’s wife, Gwen. Og’s Resto Bar is situated along the beachfront together with the other bars and inns.
During our stay, we joined Island Hopping Tours A and C of Northern Hope Tours. Thanks again to Glenn and her sister who owned Northern Hope for accommodating us. It was really a wonderful experience and we definitely would like to come back to complete all the tours and see for ourselves the beauty and wonders each islands and beaches have to offer.
- Tour A – Big Lagoon, Small Lagoon, Simizu Island, Secret Lagoon and 7 Commandos Beach @ 1,200.00 pesos per person
- Tour B – Entalula Island, Pinagbuyutan Island, Snake Island, Cudugnon Cave and Cathedral Cave @ 1,300.00 pesos per person
- Tour C – Hidden Beach, Helicopter Island, Secret Beach, Matinloc Shrine and Star Beach @ 1,400.00 pesos per person
- Tour D – Bukal Island, Ipil Beach, Nat-Nat Beach, Cadlao Lagoon and Paradise Beach @ 1,200.00 pesos per person
Every Island Hopping Tour is served with free sumptuous lunch and includes snorkeling gear, life vest and very kind and informative tour guides to assist you.
*Rates do NOT include 200 Pesos/person Eco-Tourism Development Fee (ETDF). This is good for up to 10 days stay in El Nido.
They also offer El Nido In-land Tours such as:
To contact Northern Hope Tours for booking:
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Mobile Numbers
(+63) 939-902-2216 (Smart)
(+63) 927-735-3221 (Globe)
(+63) 942-375-2441 (Sun)
For the details of our Island Hopping Tours, please click below:
Travel Tips in El Nido:
- Bring enough cash since there is no ATM machine in El Nido.
- In case you have some allergies especially to seafood, make sure to bring Antihistamine. Bring also other personal medicine or first aid kit. Take note that there is no hospital in El Nido only a rural health center.
- Bring mosquito repellent.
- Don’t forget to bring beach wear, cover ups, shawl, hats, shades and lots of sunblock!
- Bring extra batteries for your camera and other devices.
- To capture your best memories in El Nido, it is advised to bring an underwater camera. But in case you were not able to bring one, there are available for rent. Like in Northern Hope, they offer 700 Pesos/camera for the whole day; just don’t forget to bring SD cards to be able to get the photos immediately.
- Bring slippers or aqua shoes for safety and hustle-free adventure. There are islands/beaches with sharp corals and sea urchin that may give you painful memories. But in case you forgot to bring, there are available aqua shoes for rent for only 100 pesos per pair for the whole day of island hopping.
- Bring at least a liter of mineral water during the island hopping.
Foodilicious Must Try:
- Og’s Resto Bar
- Boodle Fight in Corong-corong
- Trattoria Altrove
How to go to El Nido? Please click here.